10.03.2013

Societal Expectations For Adolescent Boys

10-3-13


So, we're reading The Lord of The Flies in my English class, and we are to answer the following questions (or question, depending on how much I feel like typing):

What are society's expectations for teen boys entering adulthood? I think society depends greatly on boys to get jobs involving physical labour, because girls get all the jobs that require higher competence. But men are also starting to develop a disinclination to get their hands dirty. Luckily (depending on how you look at it) machines are now able to do a majority of jobs that had previously warranted actual intelligence, such as metallurgy/metalworking. Those are some of the most dangerous professions I can think of. It involves working in areas in excess of 38° C ≈ 100° F. That kind of an environment is, at the least, uncomfortable, and potentially dangerous.

I for one, plan to enter my country's armed forces after college. Ideally, I would enter a military college, because then I'm killing 2 birds with one stone, as the saying goes. I've always liked studying wars and battle tactics, and I might make a career out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insights: