10.17.2013

Blog Action Day

Blog Action Day
human Rights Challenge 5

While reading the Convention on the Rights of the Child, I am left with many question, few of which can be answered honestly and accurately. There is a part that states "You can't be separated from your parents if it is against your will or in our best interest ", but I didn't see anything about rights to leave your parents if you want to. It says "You are to be protected from neglect and abuse", but that obviously isn't very well enforced. "If you are capable of forming your own views, you have the right to express your views"- That's not true. In school there are countless restrictions on what we say, and I already know the terrible things that adults have tried to hide from kids, but I think keeping it from the rest of them does more harm than good.

I knew there was no "Bunny paschae" or "dentem fairy" (used latin so as not to crush kids' beliefs) by the time I was 8, but I didn't tell adults that because I thought they were going to stop giving me candy and money; I was right. 

I know that was kind of a roundabout way of saying it, but my point was children have the right to know everything that adults know. Perhaps not all at once, but tell them these things every once and a while so they don't get to middle school and find out about everything bad in the world all at once. That's pretty much what happened to me, except it wasn't in middle school; It was in 1st grade that I discovered the true horrors of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insights: