10.29.2013

SBC 7

Is Being More Connected Good...
Or Bad?


I get on Twitter a lot, so for me it's a good thing. I tweet to friends and acquaintances about the New York Giants, at #GiantsChat, as well as random stuff that normal 14-year-olds Tweet about, if other 14-year-olds Tweet at all. I don't use Facebook, because I've never seen it used for anything but Cyber-Bullying and other bad stuff. Twitter doesn't make it as easy to have actual openly-viewed conversations, so people tend not to talk directly to one another, which reduces derogatory comments. Obviously, there will always be that element, but there are ways to make it happen less often.
I get on Twitter at school, which is frowned upon by the teach and I often get in trouble for it, but I can't help it; I just have this constant need to communicate with the world about stuff that I think is important, because the odds are, at least some of the 7 billion people on the planet have similar concerns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Insights: